Cooking is a creative expression of love for most families. When I cook, I want really good recipes that my family will enjoy, and won't stress me out at supper time. My goal is for time spent in the kitchen to be memorable teaching moments with my kiddos... full of love, laughter, and great conversation! At the same time, the kids are learning to prepare meals and learn a little math in the best school they could attend... our kitchen! Let's get cookin' and share some recipes! :)
UPDATE:
I am turning this blog over to my sweet Emma who will share some of her recipes for kids. Welcome, Emma! :)

Monday, December 10, 2012

Mexican Cornbread Casserole: EEEASY!!

Oh Boy! Doesn't this look good??
This is a tweaked recipe from a cookbook compiled by Moms of students
at East Hills Middle School in Greenwood, AR.

I added my own tasty extras! :)
Warning: Not for the cholesterol challenged eater...



Mexican Cornbread Casserole:

*Preheat 425*

1 lb. ground beef, browned with some garlic & onion, and spices like: salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder

2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1 can cream corn
1/2 can beans (we like black beans)
1 box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
A bunch of cheese (we use an 8 oz pkg. of sharp cheddar)

Brown the meat with all the stuff.
Mix Jiffy with milk, eggs, 1/2 of the can of the corn.
In 8X8 pan, pour half the cornbread mixture, all of the meat, cheese, beans, and rest of the corn.
Top with rest of the cornbread mixture.
Cook at 425 Degrees for 25-30 minutes.

When ready to eat, I like some cilantro, fresh home made guacamole, some sour cream, & Pace Picante Salsa to have with it! Yummo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your sweet comment or yummy recipe here!