Cooking is a creative expression of love for most families. When I cook, I want really good recipes that my family will enjoy, and won't stress me out at supper time. My goal is for time spent in the kitchen to be memorable teaching moments with my kiddos... full of love, laughter, and great conversation! At the same time, the kids are learning to prepare meals and learn a little math in the best school they could attend... our kitchen! Let's get cookin' and share some recipes! :)
UPDATE:
I am turning this blog over to my sweet Emma who will share some of her recipes for kids. Welcome, Emma! :)

Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby Heath Bars


Preheat 400*

4 cups oatmeal, uncooked
1 cup sucanant w/honey
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter, softened


My hubby & kiddos LOVE these!!  They are *mostly* healthy :)

Combine above ingredients and spread in greased 9X13 pan.
Bake in oven 12 min. Spread topping over oatmeal misture after removed from oven. Let cool, refrigerate and cut into squares.

Topping: 

12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips  (OR... mix it up with a 6 oz. pkg of choco. chips, and a 6 oz. pkg. butterscotch chips)
1 cup peanut butter
Melt in double boiler.


**From Healthy Choices Cookbook, Johnna McAllister Recipe page 49**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your sweet comment or yummy recipe here!